Is the World Cup Causing Anal Itching?
It might seem like a curious question, but the fact is that we all love a great sporting event and this summer we are spoilt for choice. Many of us will have been sitting down with a couple of beers to watch the football in Brazil, but there’s also Wimbledon, the Tour de France, even some hard fought cricket to get through before the end of September.
And we haven’t even mentioned the Commonwealth Games!
If you love your sport then you could be spending far too much time on the couch and not taking enough exercise. A sedentary life style can lead to a number of health problems and sitting watching sport can create more problems than you think. If you are rooting for a particular team or individual then your blood pressure may well be going up. And if you’re downing a few beers and eating some nice, salty snacks, the effects on your health could be building up without you knowing it.
Poor digestion caused by not getting enough exercise or choosing the wrong foods and drinks can lead to stomach problems like constipation or diarrhoea which, in turn, can lead to anal itching.
How to Stay Healthy During the Summer of Sport
Rather than getting a couple of beers out of the fridge, lying down on the sofa and putting your feet up, you might like to think about different ways to stay fit while you watch those big events. These are simple things to do and could ensure you get through the summer of sport in tip top condition.
- Put away those salty snacks like crisps and taco chips and replace them with something healthy like a fruit and nut mix. High salt content is not good for us. The odd snack here and there is fine but over doing it can cause high blood pressure and exacerbate stomach problems like IBS.
- The same can be said about the sweet stuff, for many watching sport it is often a time to break out the chocolate bars and bags of sugary goodness. Again, try to resist.
- Ordering a takeout? Think again, opt for a tasty salad or something fresh, healthy and homemade instead.
- And, of course, there’s alcohol. We drink more when we are watching a sporting event, particularly if it’s one of our favourites like football. Over indulgence is not good for us, we all know that.
- Rather than sitting like a couch potato in front of the TV, why not use it as an opportunity to get some exercise. If you’re watching the football, get out your old exercise bike and cycle for a bit while admiring the talents of Messy and Muller.
Keeping those fitness levels up and eating the right kinds of food can greatly increase your standard of health and improve the functioning of your digestive tract. Stomach problems are one of the causes of anal itching and making a few simple changes can provide quite large benefits. It’s all very well to have a tube of soothing cream on hand but you can make other lifestyle changes too that means you don’t have to suffer from those embarrassing itches.